Details for Sandidge-Walker House (Atlas Number 5439004565)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5439004565

Data

Marker Number 4565
Atlas Number 5439004565
Marker Title Sandidge-Walker House
Index Entry Sandidge-Walker House
Address 2420 College Ave.
City Fort Worth
County Tarrant
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 656043
UTM Northing 3620996
Subject Codes houses, residential buildings; medical topics and health professionals; Episcopal denomination; cattle, cattle industry topics; Praire School (Archictectural style); churches
Marker Year 1986
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location 2420 College Ave, Fort Worth
Marker Size Medallion & Plate
Marker Text Cattleman George Sandidge (1873-1965) had this house built about 1921 and sold it four years later to Webb and Gussie Walker. Dr. Walker (1886-1962), was appointed city health officer in 1913 and served in that position for seven years. In 1954, Walker sold the house to St. John's Episcopal Church to serve as its rectory. The Sandidge-Walker house features influences of Prairie School style architecture in its horizontal lines and wide eaves.