Details for Thomas G. & Marjorie Shaw House (Atlas Number 5439005469)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5439005469

Data

Marker Number 5469
Atlas Number 5439005469
Marker Title Thomas G. & Marjorie Shaw House
Index Entry Shaw, Thomas G. & Marjorie, House
Address 2404 Medford Ct. East
City Fort Worth
County Tarrant
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 653994
UTM Northing 3621231
Subject Codes houses, residential buildings; oil/petroleum topics; design and construction
Marker Year 1993
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location 2404 Medford Ct., East, Fort Worth
Marker Size Medallion & Plate
Marker Text This Monterrey style house was built in 1927 by prominent Fort Worth contractor Bert B. Adams. One of the first houses built in the fashionable Park Hill Addition, it was purchased upon completion by Thomas and Marjorie Shaw. A highly successful independent oil producer, Shaw was associated with the Standard Oil Company and founded the T.G. Shaw Oil Corporation in 1924. Hallmark features of the house include its stucco wall finish and tile roof.