Details for Douglass-Potts House (Atlas Number 5439012204)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5439012204

Data

Marker Number 12204
Atlas Number 5439012204
Marker Title Douglass-Potts House
Index Entry Douglass-Potts House
Address 206 W. North St.
City Arlington
County Tarrant
UTM Zone
UTM Easting
UTM Northing
Subject Codes houses, residential buildings; sheriffs
Marker Year 1999
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location
Marker Size Medallion & Plate
Marker Text Built in 1907 by local contractor Joe O. Crawley, this was the home of city marshall (later chief of police) Wilson M. ("Bud") Douglass and his wife Clara (Ramsey). The cottage was constructed on land formerly owned by Clara's father, Arlington pioneer Seth Ramsey, and his family. W. A. and Clara Potts purchased it in 1919 and it remained in their family until 1987. A classic example of vernacular architecture, the house features a steeply pitched roof over a central hall with intersecting gables and side bay. The home is typical of the period, with restrained wood trim. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1999