||Named for Isaac Mullins (1819-81), one of organizers of Tom Green County, member of first county commission, and state representative in 16th Texas Legislature. Born in Virginia, Mullins came to the Republic of Texas with his parents and their family in 1837. The family cattle brand, "IC", one of most famous in Texas, was registered in Bastrop, Fayette, Lampasas, Brown, Mills, Coleman, Runnels, and Tom Green counties. Mullins trailed herds to markets as far away as California. In the 1860's, he served as captain of a Texas Ranger company. Moving to this area, he bought land near San Angelo and became a leading citizen. He was foreman of noted "Ike Mullins Grand Jury" which indicted nine soldiers for rioting at Fort Concho in 1878. He gave land for a school, and selected this spot as his own last resting place, deeding cemetery site in 1881. Mullins and his wife, Susan Slack (d. 1854), had a son, Charles, and a daughter, Julia (who married H. D. Barron). Some members of his family are buried here, along with Civil War veterans, and many pioneers of former Mullins community, now called Veribest. George Jefferson Byrd, named by Mullins family as trustee, served until his death in 1951, bequeathing the trust to a son, Curtis Byrd, and Frank Johnson.