Details for O'Connor-Proctor Building (Atlas Number 5469003629)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5469003629

Data

Marker Number 3629
Atlas Number 5469003629
Marker Title O'Connor-Proctor Building
Index Entry O'Connor-Proctor Building
Address 202 N. Main
City Victoria
County Victoria
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 694536
UTM Northing 3187734
Subject Codes commercial buildings; design and construction; Romanesque/Richardsonian Romanesque (Architectural style)
Marker Year 1980
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location
Marker Size Medallion and Plate
Marker Text Constructed in 1895, this 2-story commercial building was designed by Cuero architect Paul Helwig. It housed the offices of rancher Thomas M. O'Connor, a leading area businessman,and the legal firm of brothers Venable B. and Fred C. Proctor. It was later used for services of Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, 1915-24, and housed army officers during World War II. Built of red brick and white sandstone, the structure features Romanesque Revival styling. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1980

Images

O'Connor-Proctor Building (RTHL)
O'Connor-Proctor Building (RTHL)