Details for Lissie United Methodist Church (Atlas Number 5481003094)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5481003094

Data

Marker Number 3094
Atlas Number 5481003094
Marker Title Lissie United Methodist Church
Index Entry Lissie United Methodist Church
Address Raymond and Franklin St.
City Lissie
County Wharton
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 768804
UTM Northing 3272779
Subject Codes churches; Methodist (Methodist Episcopal and United Methodist) denomination
Marker Year 1988
Designations
Marker Location Corner of Raymond & Franklin St. W Lissie
Marker Size 18" x 28"
Marker Text Organized in 1906 as the Evangelical Association, this congregation began with nineteen charter members. The Rev. George W. Causey served as first pastor. A sanctuary and parsonage were dedicated in 1907. After a division within the association, the two factions reunited in 1922 as the Evangelical United Brethren Church in 1946, and as Lissie United Methodist Church in 1968. The church continues to serve the people of Lissie and the surrounding community.