Details for Granger City Hall (Farmers State Bank) (Atlas Number 5491009100)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5491009100

Data

Marker Number 9100
Atlas Number 5491009100
Marker Title Granger City Hall (Farmers State Bank)
Index Entry Granger City Hall (Farmers State Bank)
Address 212 E. Davilla Street
City Granger
County Williamson
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 645249
UTM Northing 3396331
Subject Codes buildings; banks, bankers, banking topics; commercial buildings; Italianate; Romanesque/Richardsonian Romanesque (Architectural style)
Marker Year 1994
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location 212 E. Davilla Street, Granger
Marker Size Medallion & Plate
Marker Text Erected in 1908-09, this building originally housed Farmers State Bank, the second banking institution founded in Granger. The bank closed in 1926 and the building became the Granger City Hall in 1929. An architectural hybrid of the late 19th century Victorian era, it exhibits influences of Italianate, Moorish, and Romanesque design styles. It is one of the few remaining buildings that reflect Granger's prosperous economy during the early 20th century. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1994