Details for The Harrell-Stone House (Atlas Number 5491009103)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5491009103

Data

Marker Number 9103
Atlas Number 5491009103
Marker Title The Harrell-Stone House
Index Entry Harrell-Stone House, The
Address 1404 Elm Street
City Georgetown
County Williamson
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 627049
UTM Northing 3389460
Subject Codes houses, residential buildings; design and construction
Marker Year 1976
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location 1404 Elm Street, Georgetown
Marker Size Medallion & Plate
Marker Text Built about 1895 for lumberman Henry W. Harrell, this Victorian house resembles others erected in this neighborhood by the C. S. Belford Lumber Co. It was sold in 1907 to storekeeper W. F. Magee. In 1937 the structure was purchased by Judge Samuel Vaughan Stone, civic leader and county judge for 35 years, and his wife Berenice, who restored it. Occupied by three prominent families, this residence has been the scene of numerous social and church gatherings. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1976

Images