Details for Palm Valley Lutheran Church (Atlas Number 5491009317)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5491009317

Data

Marker Number 9317
Atlas Number 5491009317
Marker Title Palm Valley Lutheran Church
Index Entry Palm Valley Lutheran Church
Address 2500 Palm Valley Blvd
City Round Rock
County Williamson
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 629914
UTM Northing 3377465
Subject Codes Lutheran denomination; eccesiastical buildings; Swedish immigrants/immigration; Gothic Revial (Architectural style)
Marker Year 1970
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location 2500 Palm Valley Blvd
Marker Size Medallion and plate
Marker Text In area first claimed in 1838 by white men. Valley bears name of the Anna Palm family, 1853 Swedish settlers. "Brushy", the first Lutheran church (of logs), was built here by Andrew John Nelson and 3 hired men in 1861. This also housed early school. Congregation was formally organized Nov. 27, 1870. Second church, built 1872, was used for sessions of Palm Valley School. Present Gothic Revival style building was erected in 1894. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1970

Images