Details for W. Y. Penn Home (Atlas Number 5491009318)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5491009318

Data

Marker Number 9318
Atlas Number 5491009318
Marker Title W. Y. Penn Home
Index Entry Penn, W. Y., Home
Address 1304 Elm St
City Georgetown
County Williamson
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 627023
UTM Northing 3389595
Subject Codes houses, residential buildings; Methodist (Methodist Episcopal and United Methodist) denomination; municipal official
Marker Year 1975
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location 1304 Elm St
Marker Size Medallion and plate
Marker Text This house was erected in 1895 for William Y. Penn (1860-1951), a local merchant who also served as city alderman and mayor. Like several other Victorian homes here, it was built by C. S. Belford Lumber Co. In 1907 the structure became the residence of the presiding elder of the Georgetown District of the Methodist Church. It was sold in 1945 to druggist M. C. Hodges (1889-1965) and in 1966 to Dr. Van C. Tipton. In 1973 it was purchased by Mr. and Mrs. Robert V. Allen. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1975

Images