Details for St. Peters United Church of Christ (Atlas Number 5491009335)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5491009335

Data

Marker Number 9335
Atlas Number 5491009335
Marker Title St. Peters United Church of Christ
Index Entry St. Peters United Church of Christ
Address
City Coupland
County Williamson
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 654292
UTM Northing 3370678
Subject Codes Church of Christ denomination; eccesiastical buildings; government officials; churches; Gothic Revial (Architectural style)
Marker Year 1989
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location Wathen and Broad Streets
Marker Size Medallion and plate
Marker Text This congregation was organized in 1894 by German and Swiss immigrants. Originally known as St. Petri Deutsche Evangelische Gemeinde (St. Peters German Evangelical Church), the congregation built this vernacular Gothic Revival sanctuary in 1905-1906. The meeting hall was added in 1925, and the two structures were connected in 1953. By 1955 English Language services, introduced in 1929, had replaced the worship originally conducted in German. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1989