Details for Taylor National Bank (Atlas Number 5491009354)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5491009354

Data

Marker Number 9354
Atlas Number 5491009354
Marker Title Taylor National Bank
Index Entry Taylor National Bank
Address 200 N. Main St.
City Taylor
County Williamson
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 652515
UTM Northing 3382968
Subject Codes banks, bankers, banking topics; commercial buildings; Romanesque/Richardsonian Romanesque (Architectural style)
Marker Year 1980
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location
Marker Size Medallion and plate
Marker Text A. O. Watson of Austin designed this red sandstone building for the Taylor National Bank, which was organized in 1888. Completed in 1894, it has also housed the law firm of Mantor and Briggs, an office of the Weather Bureau, and the Taylor Refining Company. The Romanesque and Renaissance Revival styling features detailing of limestone, granite, and pressed metal. The First-Taylor National Bank, the result of a 1930s merger, remained here until 1967. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1980