|| The organizational meeting for the Floresville Methodist Episcopal Church, South, was held at the home of Mr. and Mrs. W. C. Agee on October 25, 1875. The Rev. Ichabod Kingsbury led in the congregation's formation and served as first pastor. The six charter members included Mr. and Mrs. Agee, Judge W. L. Worsham, Mr. and Mrs. Zack Burrows, and James C. Wilson.
During its early years, the congregation held worship services at various locations, including homes, the Wilson County Courthouse, and a private school known as Floresville Academy. Its first sanctuary, completed on this site in 1885 during the pastorate of The Rev. W. H. Killough, was destroyed in an 1886 storm. Under the leadership of The Rev. J. C. Russell, another building was constructed in 1887 and served the church until 1942.
Several area Methodist congregations have merged with the Floresville church over the years, allowing it to provide additional service and leadership to the community. Known since 1968 as the Floresville United Methodist Church, the congregation continues to reflect the ideals and traditions of its founders as it celebrates the Bicentennial of Methodism in America. (1984)