Details for Medlan Chapel Primitive Baptist Church (Atlas Number 5503003317)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5503003317

Data

Marker Number 3317
Atlas Number 5503003317
Marker Title Medlan Chapel Primitive Baptist Church
Index Entry Medlan Chapel Primitive Baptist Church
Address Cantry Road, SW of Graham
City Graham
County Young
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 529457
UTM Northing 3659631
Subject Codes Baptist denomination; churches
Marker Year 1965
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location From Graham, take SH 67 south about 3 mi then follow Canty Road west about 5 mi.
Marker Size Medallion & Plate
Marker Text Built 1882 of native sandstone quarried one mile from site with lime rock burned for mortar. Pews hauled by ox wagon from Sherman. One of earliest houses of worship in Young County. Church and land donated by A. B. (Uncle Archie) and Aunt Betty Medlan, 1888. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark, 1965.