Details for Farmers State Bank Building (Atlas Number 5507013603)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5507013603

Data

Marker Number 13603
Atlas Number 5507013603
Marker Title Farmers State Bank Building
Index Entry Farmers State Bank Building
Address 716 Austin Ave
City Georgetown
County Williamson
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 626668
UTM Northing 3390145
Subject Codes banks, bankers, banking topics; commercial buildings
Marker Year 2006
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location 716 Austin Ave
Marker Size 18" x 28"
Marker Text The Merchants and Farmers Bank began in 1898 and incorporated as Farmers State Bank in 1905. In 1910, bank officers contracted for the building of a new bank onto existing commercial property at this site. Construction was finished in 1912. In the 1960s, the bank moved and the building changed owners several times before Williamson County purchased it in 1967, using it for a variety of offices in the following decades. The building’s Classical Revival architecture features two large columns with Corinthian capitals and a temple front façade. Detailing on the pronounced central pediment includes dentils and egg and dart molding. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark – 2006

Images