Details for Williamson County Courthouse (Atlas Number 5507013880)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5507013880

Data

Marker Number 13880
Atlas Number 5507013880
Marker Title Williamson County Courthouse
Index Entry Williamson County Courthouse
Address 710 Main St.
City Georgetown
County Williamson
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 626761
UTM Northing 3389934
Subject Codes courthouses
Marker Year 1988
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location Williamson County Courthouse grounds
Marker Size Medallion & Plate
Marker Text Completed in 1911, this is the fifth courthouse to serve the citizens of Williamson County. It was designed by the Austin architectural firm of Charles H. Page & Bro. Although some of the building's detailing was removed in the 1960s, it remains a fine Classical Revival structure featuring giant order Ionic columns and a copper dome with four-faced clock and a Justice statue. It serves as a focal point for Georgetown's town square. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1988

Images