Details for Lesesne-Stone Building (Atlas Number 5507013916)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5507013916

Data

Marker Number 13916
Atlas Number 5507013916
Marker Title Lesesne-Stone Building
Index Entry Lesesne-Stone Building
Address 102 W 8th
City Georgetown
County Williamson
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 626774
UTM Northing 3389865
Subject Codes markets, merchantiles
Marker Year 1983
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location
Marker Size Medallion & Plate
Marker Text (The KGTN Building) This limestone commercial structure was built in 1884 to house the Sanders & Lesesne Drugstore. It remained in use as a pharmacy for the next 76 years. William D. Nichols operated the drugstore from 1887 until 1892. In that year, Dr. Thomas B. Stone acquired the business, which was known as Stone's for more than 50 years. The Georgetown landmark, which exhibits Italianate influences, features arched windows and a pressed metal cornice. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1983

Images