Details for Malone-Manuel House (Atlas Number 5507014609)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5507014609

Data

Marker Number 14609
Atlas Number 5507014609
Marker Title Malone-Manuel House
Index Entry Malone-Manuel House
Address
City Lampasas
County Lampasas
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 577582
UTM Northing 3436887
Subject Codes Queen Anne (Architectural style); houses, residential buildings
Marker Year 2005
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location
Marker Size 18" x 28"
Marker Text Malone-Manuel House. Frank R. Malone came to Lampasas in the early 1880s as the city became a commercial center and resort town. In 1885, as a cashier for First National Bank, he proposed and helped found the Texas Bankers Association, which held its first meeting that year in Lampasas. Around that time, he and his five Ann built this home. In 1888, the Malones sold the property to Wm. Ginnuth and moved to Dallas. Local businessman and civic leader John N. Manuel purchased the home in 1891. The Manuel family owned the property until 1972. The house’s Queen Anne features are unusual and include an octagonal tower with projecting wings, as well as crestline detailing, dentils and hood moldings. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 2005