|| Ruff Watson (1879-1950) bought this site in 1903 and established the R. Watson Feed Store. He offered a variety of goods and service, including feed, seed, wood, and coal, as well as a slaughterhouse, butcher shop and leather goods store. He built this structure in 1906. His son, Murray Watson, Sr. (1906-1990), renamed the business Watson Feed Store in 946 and later passed the business on to his son. Today, the building retains its original details, including the polychrome brick, with pediments, corbelling and pilasters that extend beyond the cornice.
Registered Texas Historic Landmark - 2003