||Also known as Wheeler-Butler Cemetery, this family graveyard was first used in 1863 when David Wheeler’s second wife, Maniza, died in childbirth, followed shortly by the infant, Lela. David and his brother, John E. Wheeler, operated a grist mill on the nearby Cibolo Creek; a brick-making kiln was also constructed. Besides the Wheelers, members from neighboring families, including the Butlers, who married into the Wheeler family, are interred here. In 2008, the Wheeler-Butler Cemetery Association formed to maintain the graveyard, which had been forgotten and neglected. Today, the burial ground remains a record of families who settled the area when Cibolo Creek was still a wild frontier.