Details for Williams Ranch Cemetery (Atlas Number 5507017308)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5507017308

Data

Marker Number 17308
Atlas Number 5507017308
Marker Title Williams Ranch Cemetery
Index Entry Williams Ranch Cemetery
Address CR 508 - Williams Ranch Road
City Mullin
County Mills
UTM Zone
UTM Easting
UTM Northing
Subject Codes graveyards, cemeteries
Marker Year 2012
Designations
Marker Location 4.5 miles SE of Mullin
Marker Size 18" x 28"
Marker Text THIS HISTORIC CEMETERY OVERLOOKS THE NATURAL SPRINGS THAT WERE ONCE THE FRONTIER SETTLEMENT KNOWN AS WILLIAMS RANCH ON LAND GRANTED TO WILLIAM W. WILLIAMS IN 1852. IN 1855, JOHN WILLIAMS AND WIFE ANNIE EPLEY WILLIAMS MOVED TO THIS AREA AND FOUNDED THE WILLIAMS RANCH SETTLEMENT. THE FIRST MARKED GRAVE DATES TO 1864 AND IS THAT OF SIX-YEAR-OLD C.K. CONNER, GREAT-GRANDSON OF JOHN WILLIAMS, WHO DIED FROM A HORSE ACCIDENT. A VARIETY OF HEADSTONES INCLUDING GRANITE, LIMESTONE AND CAST IRON MARK THE GRAVES OF MANY PIONEERS, EARLY SETTLERS AND THEIR DESCENDANTS ALONG WITH VETERANS FROM THE CIVIL WAR TO THE KOREAN WAR. ORGANIZED IN 1968, THE WILLIAMS RANCH CEMETERY ASSOCIATION MAINTAINS THE CEMETERY.