|Ambrose Bull bought part of the Moses Hughes tract in Nov. 1859 and was among the first settlers in the Bulls Springs community. War of 1812 veteran George Washington Joy is thought to be the first person buried here in the 1870s. Of 83 surveyed graves, 27 are unknown, and most date from the 1870s to 1920s. In 1899, land was placed in trust with County Judge G. H. Dalton by Trustees C. B. Mohler, S. A. Bull and D. S. Kelley. Cemetery features include concrete curbing, raised brick crypts, iron fencing, shell grave decorations, and sandstone, granite and limestone markers. Many tombstones are engraved with poems written by family members. The cemetery is a chronicle of this early mills county settlement.