Details for Millsap United Methodist Church (Atlas Number 5507017997)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5507017997

Data

Marker Number 17997
Atlas Number 5507017997
Marker Title Millsap United Methodist Church
Index Entry Millsap United Methodist Church
Address 402 S. Lamar St.
City Millsap
County Parker
UTM Zone
UTM Easting
UTM Northing
Subject Codes Religion, Methodist Demonimation
Marker Year 2014
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location
Marker Size 18" x 28" with post
Marker Text MILLSAP UNITED METHODIST CHURCH The Millsap United Methodist church has been a part of this community since 1875, even before Millsap was established in 1880. Services were held in a small church on property donated by G.M. Dodge. The current building was built in 1924 under the supervision of Rev. G.M. Cloud. The church was designed in the shape of the cross based on an early Christian tradition known as cruciform. In 1999, the congregation replaced the window panes with colored glass on the sides and installed stained glass in the front to depict the twelve disciples and the symbol of the united Methodist church. For more than a century, the church has been a beacon of light in the community. RECORDED TEXAS HISTORIC LANDMARK – 2014 MARKER IS PROPERTY OF THE STATE OF TEXAS