||A German immigrant, August Biesenbach (1848-1915) and his wife, Louisa (1852-1916), began construction of this house in 1880. The walls of the house are stucco over brick with a hipped roof and Gothic Revival details. From 1910 to 1955, the house was owned and occupied by members of the Guenther Mill family. In 1955, O'Neil Ford, the famed director of the La Villita restoration project, purchased the house which served as offices for his architecture firm for the next 26 years, during which time he designed the Tower of the Americas in HemisFair Park and numerous buildings for Trinity University.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 2016